C-TAC Plus for AN/AYK-14 is an embedded system analyzer. It provides simultaneous Real-Time Non-Intrusive (RTNI) monitoring of all key points in the system. The monitoring is done on a completely non-intrusive basis without the injection of wait states or cycle stealing, and does not affect bus timing or message sequencing.
C-TAC Plus also provides time correlation of data across multiple processors, backplanes, and networks as well as system level evaluation in the operational environment.
- Significant and affordable improvements in software quality.
- Dramatic cost savings in resolving software and integration problems.
- Data and event correlation and tracing across multiple processors anddata buses.
- Greatly increases productivity in system integration and test.
- Ability to significantly shorten project schedules.
C-TAC Plus AN/AYK-14 Channel Monitor
The AN/AYK-14 Channel is designed to provide continuous RTNI monitoring for embedded computers in the AN/AYK-14 family. The monitoring is done on a completely non-intrusive basis, without the injection of wait states or cycle stealing.
Software timing and sequencing are not affected by the monitoring function. Multiple channels can be placed in a single C-TAC Plus unit to simultaneously monitor additional processors or buses.
Channel Cross Triggering
The AN/AYK-14 Channel is able to cross trigger with other channels (processors or buses) or with external equipment.
All C-TAC Plus Channels use a common time stamp. This feature allows time correlation of data collected from multiple channels.
Common User Interface
Test setup, control, and post-run analysis are accomplished with a symbolic user interface (Microsoft Windows based), which significantly increases user productivity.
Graphical Data Analysis
Graphical analysis software allows the user to plot variable data and profile bus traffic quickly and easily.
Variable Event Post-run Analysis
Variable Plot: Linear or scatter plot of up to 6 variables as a function of time.
Procedure Event Eost-run Analysis
Process Timeline: Flow of program execution at the procedure level. Graphical presentation of procedure duration and sequencing.
Code Coverage: Indication of code and data areas accessed during test
Auto Symbol Translator
- Optional feature automates test specification setup to significantly reduce data entry time and errors.
- Automates conversion of symbolic cross-reference information from the compiler toolset to the C-TAC Plus format.
- Conforms to MTASS/M symbol table formats.
- Automates address updates after a software rebuild.
Configuration for the AN/AYK-14 Channel
- C-TAC Plus Event Detector and Acquisition Card (EDAC-CP) detects and captures all event data specified by the user
- Log Disk drive records event data captured by the EDAC-CP
- C-TAC Plus Personality Interface Module (PIM-CP) maps the AN/AYK-14 hardware and instruction set architecture for interface with the EDAC-CP
- Probe Adaptor (PAD-CP) provides a custom connection to the system and its signals for transmission to the PIM-CP
AN/AYK-14 Versions Supported
All versions of the AN/AYK-14 are supported that use the VPM 25A and 25B Processors.
Modes of Operation
Image: Real-time display of up to 250 variables.
Log: Continuously recorded trace of user events to disk. Burst recording rate at target speed. Sustained recording rate of more than 750,000 events per second.
Snapshot: Recirculating 660,000 record trace of user events to memory; delayed triggering for pre-, post- and center- trigger placement.
Code Coverage: Maintains a scoreboard of code locations accessed during a test.
High Volume Data Collection
The AN/AYK-14 Channel standard configuration provides 60 GB of real-time data storage with optional extensions up to 136 GB.
Access Type: Instruction, operand, I/O, read/write, interrupt.
Address Value: Up to 250 unique addresses or 83 ranges
Data Value: Signed/unsigned word and long word, AN/AYK-14 single precision floating point formats; hex, octal or decimal; =, ≠, <, >, ≤, ≥, in-range and out-of-range, comparisons (true arithmetic ranges in target representation format); multiple values for binary encoded fields.
Actions on Events
Record: Records events in trace memory.
State Transition: Change current state to next state.
C-TAC Plus can be configured to monitor events in 64 different user definable states.
Trigger: Generates a trigger point to freeze the snapshot trace. Freeze can be delayed for pre-, post- or center-triggering.
External Trigger: Asserts one of four external trigger lines. Signals other channels, other C-TAC Plus units or other equipment that a particular event occurred within the system.
Timer/Counters: Two timer/counters are available for control of additional selected recording.