The STX 1553 Monitor/Analyzer, powered by ITCN’s Real-Time Trace™ technology, is designed for use in the SystemTrace STX platform for network-centric instrumentation. The 1553 Monitor is capable of recording activity on up to four dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 buses. This allows the analysis of data transfers between all devices that participate in data transfers on the network.
Data is monitored by symbolically specifying MIL-STD-1553 Terminals, Sub-Addresses, Messages, Mode Codes, and Data Words, then selecting the items from this list as “Events” (Filters) on the bus for the test unit to monitor and record. Conditions for Event recording may be setup by the user, such as, number of Event occurrences, elapsed time, or a dependence on the occurrence of other Events.
Up to 256 unique Events (Filters) may be monitored per channel for each data collection session. Symbols may be defined from single bit size to Double Precision Floating Point values. Activity on the Bus may be recorded at the RT, RT+SA, Message, Mode Code, or Data Word level, or any combination of these.
In addition to event capture and anlysis, a parallel circular history buffer with a 100K window may be enabled allowing the test unit to collect all activity from the time the target is powered up until the History buffer is triggered or the unit is stopped. Pre- or post-trigger events may be designated to record activity preceding and following the trigger.
- Software Test & Evaluation
- System Integration
- Performance Monitoring
- Operational Test (Land, Sea, Air)
- Mission Monitoring
- Platform: SystemTrace™ STX, PXI Form Factor
- Size: 3U, 4HP, PXI Form Factor
- Architecture: PCI, IP
- Interface: TCP/IP over Ethernet, 10/ 100 Base-T (via STX Chassis)
- User Event Filters: 256 per Channel (4 channels)
- State Machine: 64 Levels + 1 continuous
- External Event Triggers: 4 bi-directional, routed via STX backplane to TSL
- Timer/ Counters: Two, configurable as timer or counter, used in state machine
- Comparators: Full data type comparison for Event qualification
- Timestamp Resolution: 20 nsec
- Time Sync PRT: 100 usec
- Event Trace Buffer: 128K records
- Event History Buffer: 109K Records
- Software Compatibility: SystemTrace™ STX Embedded Probe Software
- MIL-STD-1553 Interface: Holt Integrated Circuits HI-1567CDI (Receive Only)
- Data Types Supported: Bits, Unsigned Bitfields, Signed Magnitude Bitfields, Unsigned Word, User Scale & Offset provided
- MIL-STD-1553 Physical Interface: CJ-70 Trometer connectors, triaxial, transformer or direct coupled
- MIL-STD-1553 Activity Detection: All MIL-STD-1553 Command/Status/Data Words Manchester Encoding Error, Parity Error, Bit Count High, Bit Count Low, Inverted Sync, Interword Gap, Word Count High, Word Count Low, Terminal Address Error, Early Response, Status Word Exception, Alternate Bus Superseding Commands, Both Bus Transmit, Reserved Mode Code, RT No Response
- Performance Statistics Provided: Per second counts of Number of Messages, Bus Loading, and Data Duty Cycle. Available in cumulative total and per RT number
- Error Statistics Provided: Per second counts of Bit Errors, Message Errors, Untracked Data, and Protocol Errors. Errors are decoded to indicate problem areas. Available per RT and cumulative totals
- Up to four MIL-STD-1553 buses can be tested and monitored in one chassis, simultaneously, in real-time. More chassis can be added to test of additional buses.
- Simultaneous RTNI monitoring of up to 4 fully loaded MIL-STD-1553 dual redundant buses per probe card (physical connection to 8 bus stubs)
- Scalable with up to two probe cards per STX Module (8 buses) and up to 32 Modules
- Integrates seamlessly with all other SystemTrace STX and Backplane Probe types
- Windows GUI for set-up and analysis of up to 32 SystemTrace modules of any type (VME, MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, etc.)
- Long-term data acquisition & storage via SystemTrace STX module
- Time–correlated data collection across up to 64 Probes (32 modules)
- Up to 256 Data Element Filters for each channel
- Setup and control via Ethernet (10/100 Base-T) TCP/IP
- Cross module triggers provide internal and external Triggering of state machine and Events.
- Run-Time data display for formatted Data Words including bitfields
- Run-Time Bus statistics provides databus loading and health monitoring
- Built in State Machine, Timer/ Counter, and Data Comparators provide intelligent data collection
- Programmable and reusable data collection scenarios
- 100K Event history buffer for collecting unfiltered bus traffic around a trigger
- 128K Event snapshot buffer for collecting filtered bus traffic around a trigger
- 3.3 Billion Event log disk for long term data collection of filtered bus traffic
- Self contained, compact design using the SystemTrace STX platform